Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wow, he really does listen!

Chris has told me this story a few times so I am sure that I can give you the highlights without making a mess of it. Back in the day when Chris use to go to early morning seminary he would often times close his eyes, or you might say sleep in class. This use to annoy his teacher but even more frustrating was that if the teacher would ask him a question, Chris would be able to give the correct answer without disturbing that precious sleep. Now, I have seen this happen many time since Chris and I have been married and I to become frustrated (or more likely, jealous) by his ability to take in everything around him. I however can only focus on one thing at a time and that is usually the kids because they always seem to need something. Sorry, got off track. The other day Mitchell was sitting on my lap reading to me. His routine usually includes taking a few moment to look at the pictures before he actually starts to read. All of a sudden he starts to repeat the sacrament prayer. I sat quietly listening and I was really blown away at how much of it he knew. He got all the way through the prayer with some stumbling on the big words and a little editing, but overall a great job for a soon to be 5 year old. I did try to get him to repeat it to Chris at dinner but he didn't want to. As all of you know Mitchell has more energy than anyone or anything I know of and sacrament meeting is no exception. I can barely get him to fold his arms and keep his eyes shut through any of the prayers. So, how is it possible that this little boy can bounce around and still recite this prayer? Like father, like son! I am sure that it comes from the man who can sleep and listen at the same time.
The Mom

1 comment:

Brammer Family said...

Taylor says you should take Mitchell to the High Priests Quorum because they sleep and learn at the same time too! :)